So I named my blog Safari moto moto because... Every day before class we start with announcements called "Habari Moto Moto" or in English "Hot hot news" and I liked the ring and thought I would steal it. Only I'm calling it Safari moto moto because it is about this journey im on quite near the equator- and because im coming to realize that this "study abroad" thing is really like an extended safari vacation... shhh don't tell Harvard. The irony of my choice is that it turns out that the hot hot journey i was expecting to be on, so very close to the equator, is actually pretty chilly, and I am happy I brought along a snuggly Yale School of Forestry sweatshirt and patagonia fleece.
I realize that if you are reading this you are either one of the dedicated few or you have come to a point of extreme procrastination- in which case pole sana (very sorry). Good luck with whatever paper you are trying to write or work you are putting off.
Lastly- to wet your appetite- I will start you off with a little description of my journey to the internet cafe this morning. Squished between two young men in a dalla-dalla (bus) we rocked out to the song Lollypop on our way down from a small village on the slopes of Mount Meru all the way to the big city of Arusha, Tanzania. Given the lyrics, it was both highly uncomfortable and hilarious. We were listening to Triple A FM, the station that will bring you Celine Dion's greatest hits and songs in swahili about Jesus on sunday mornings. Where else but Tanzania? Karibu (welcome)!
No comments:
Post a Comment